News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for 1956 1957 Eldorado plexiglass sun visor frames

Started by 1959Deville, February 11, 2019, 01:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1959Deville

I'm looking for the 1956-57 plexiglass sun visor chrome frames or bars. Thank you in advance.
~Ricardo

Eldovert

Ricardo,
I have a set off of a 1956 Cadillac Seville..the frame looks to be about 42.5 Cm. long?
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

johnregrus

The visor rods for a 1956 Eldorado Seville and a Eldorado Biarritz have different ends. They are not interchangeable between models.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Eldovert

Hi John,
I know the mount is different between the Seville and the convertible..but isn't the rest of the visor the same?
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

1959Deville

Anything out there for sale that you may not need? I don't really care about condition as I'm not making a show car but a daily driver to enjoy.

1959Deville

Hi Pat, are you wanting to sell the ones you have? Do you have pictures of them. Thank you.
~Ricardo

Eldovert

Hi Ricardo,
Here is a few pics.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

1959Deville

Hi Pat, how long are this you have? What will you take for them? I do not need the end support brakes. Thank you.
~Ricardo

bladepro2000

I was lucky to have these extras in the trunk when I purchased my 56 Seville 25 years ago. I believe they were a dealer option for the Seville, for the Biaritz the polarized plexiglass were I believe standard  ( makes sense when the top is down) the ones assembled in my then  interior were the standard type with same material matching the headliner. the brackets are the same for both, only the stems being different. I bought the Plexiglas visors from Good Ol' Rick Smith in Longview Texas ( I think he was reproducing them ) and he charged me an arm and a leg. Saw a pair go on Ebay a few years ago for big bucks also. If anyone knows the current price tag I am curious to know. I just had a friend polish everything and he did a good job...it was free so Im not gonna complain. The rivets in the inner housings that held the original sunvisor in place out of the factory had to be drilled out , so Im guessing small machine screws with rubber washers need to be replaced hopefully not cracking the visor. Im probably gonna add some clear silicone in there as well so I don't over tighten the screws. If there's any more ideas to install these dinosaurs, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks
Pasquale Ferro

1959Deville

I know you can buy new reproduction plexiglass for them for $68. I seen them  on the Cadillac "USA Parts Supply" catalog not too many days ago.

1959Deville

So by the way do anyone here have an extra set of visor arms to sell? Don't need to be perfect. Anything will work for me as it just going to be a daily driver. Ok if the plexiglass is missing.
~Ricardo

Eldovert

Ricardo,
$75.00 plus shipping.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

1959Deville

I'll buy them. You may contact me at scrat2020@yahoo.com or send me a text message to 1(760)382-1655
Quote from: Eldovert on February 13, 2019, 12:29:47 PM
Ricardo,
$75.00 plus shipping.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail