News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Jimmy Durante's 54 Eldorado . Any other celebrities Cadillac to share ?

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, September 12, 2017, 06:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    Was watching a old Movie last night ( Jumbo ) with jimmy Durante  so i decided to look him up on the web and find out more about him . Up pops this great picture of his Beverly hills house with this awesome 1954 Cadillac Eldorado  . Maybe other have some great old celebrities Cadillac's to share .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Big Apple Caddy

Tom Snyder (Tomorrow Show, Late Late Show, etc) was a Cadillac guy and owned a variety of new Cadillacs during the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.  When he retired from The Late Late Show in 1999, David Letterman gave him a 1960 Cadillac Series 62 convertible.  Snyder ended up selling the car a few years later ("too much upkeep") and replaced it with a new 2002 Ford Thunderbird.

D.Smith

I've got over 300 in my archives.   Here are a few. 

Ann Margret 1965 Cadillac.

John Wayne in a 1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible. Cody, Wyoming, July 4th 1976 Bicentennial Parade.

Actor Bob Crane (Hogans Heros) and a 1960 Cadillac Coupe deVille.

Muhammad Ali Driving a 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible.

1962 Cadillac convertible and Jackie Gleason.

Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali)  in a 1960 Cadillac with a record player.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jeepers Creepers

Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

D.Yaros

Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Bill Balkie 24172

Quote from: StevenTuck on September 26, 2017, 07:21:32 AM
Here is my car show sign with Judy Garland.
Quote from: StevenTuck on September 25, 2017, 06:44:34 AM
Angie Dickinson...Bing Crosby...Clark Gable...Dolly Parton...Gene Autry...Jean Harlow...Marilyn Monroe...Muhammad Ali...Paul Newman...Robert Mongomery
Wow , all the picture are very good . The one of Dolly is my Favorite . Her and the car just go together perfectly .
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Dave Ventresca

Bill Balkie 24172

i like looking at these vintage authentic  Candid pictures of people and their Cadillacs . Some of the pictures are very interesting . I really liked Dolly with the 64 although that might of been staged it really told a story .  Couldn't figure out if she was coming or going . I have added a few more . By the way i think the 3 young scouts at Ebbets   field were infatuated  with the interior of the 57 Biarritz , I think  Marilyn was blocking their view . 
  Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Dave Ventresca

Bill Young

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

kkkaiser

Did they model the 50s cad bumpers off Dolly's bumpers i wonder,, ??

that Ann Margarete shot in the leopard dress is very nice as well, they compliment each other, the car and Ann

Glen

Quote from: kkkaiser on October 03, 2017, 01:13:23 AM
Did they model the 50s cad bumpers off Dolly's bumpers i wonder,, ??

The bumpers were named after the American actress Dagmar.  I have no idea why. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

gary griffin

Bing Crosby's 1942-6719?  Early pic taken during restoration.  I had computer glitch and lost quite a few pictures, hopefully I can find more later.

A lot of pictures in Restoration forum.

Thin documentation but it was delivered to Reno Nevada in late 1941 and used as a car for his ranches in Northern Nevada.  When the war started he donated it to the government and it was used during WW-II at Wendover military base.  Sold in 1950 government auction and sat in the desert for decades becoming a habitat for many forms of wildlife.  It came to me solid and running and I have been giving it a full overhaul. Painted to original colors and pretty authentic overhaul.

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver