News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Mills Mansion Car Show. Staatsburgh, New York. October 15th 2017

Started by D.Smith, September 17, 2017, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

See classic cars in a Great Gatsby setting during peak leaf peeping season. This annual event is one of the most popular! Free to display and/or browse cars (admission charge to tour the Mansion)

This is a great fall show.  The drive is great with beautiful fall foliage in peak color.    The setting is perfect with the cars parked on the great lawn between the mansion and the Hudson river.    Free admission.

https://www.facebook.com/events/140872966497589/permalink/140872973164255/

https://dutchesstourism.com/events/a-gathering-of-old-cars-at-staatsburgh-state-historic-site

https://parks.ny.gov/historic-sites/25/details.aspx

A few photos below from previous years shows. 

D.Smith

Just a reminder!    The show is this weekend!     The weather is supposed to be excellent.   77*F and sunny.

If you can attend please go to the Facebook page and let everyone know.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Been mulling this over this week. Only problem is that they're calling for late day rain when I'd be getting back home and the show doesn't start until 11AM . 

I'd like to bring the '62. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrench

I go as a spectator every year, may bring something this year...

It's a great show and venue.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on October 12, 2017, 09:32:34 AM
Been mulling this over this week. Only problem is that they're calling for late day rain when I'd be getting back home and the show doesn't start until 11AM . 

Hi Eric,     You can get on the grounds and parked before 11am.     I usually get there around 10-1030am and there are already plenty of cars on the field.    A lot of people start leaving around 2pm who have a drive to get home.   

D.Smith

Quote from: wrench on October 12, 2017, 01:44:27 PM
I go as a spectator every year, may bring something this year...

It's a great show and venue.

Hi Jim!   Let me know what your going to bring if you do so I can look for it.

wrench

Will do. Probably the 69 Eldorado...palmetto green with white vinyl top...

Wont be there super early though as I usually check out the Beacon show and then head up to Mills Mansion
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

D.Smith

Quote from: wrench on October 12, 2017, 10:55:03 PM
Will do. Probably the 69 Eldorado...palmetto green with white vinyl top...

Wont be there super early though as I usually check out the Beacon show and then head up to Mills Mansion

Ok gotcha.      Going to watch the weather forecast closely.   This mornings weather report for the weekend was rain Sat night Sunday morning. here in Hartford.   Hopefully that improves by then.

Updated:    Well sadly it is raining here in Hartford, CT.     Maybe next year.

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on October 12, 2017, 09:32:34 AM

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain.  :(

It rained most of the morning in Hartford.  Sun didn't break thru to dry the roads until Noon.    So the 61 stayed home as did I.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: D.Smith on October 15, 2017, 06:14:51 PM
Woke up this morning to the sound of rain.  :(

It rained most of the morning in Hartford.  Sun didn't break thru to dry the roads until Noon.    So the 61 stayed home as did I.

Sorry you couldn't make it. It was a great show. Must've been a good 500 - 600 cars. Never expected such a turnout. Quite a few CLC members. There were 4 1959s - CdV red/b&w, SdV (6W) gray/b&w Joe Roglieri with his Seville - Argent/dark red leather, Series 62 Sedan (6W) Dunstan Blue - white vinyl purchased new the the owner's grandparents; an all original '58 Series 62 Coupe in Versailles Green with p windows, seat and Autronic; 1958 Fleetwood 60 Special owned by Dan O'Rourke 2 nice '73 CdVs - one red/white/red leather, other brown/beige/beige leather. 2 '75 - one SdV d'Elegance, one CdV - both brown/beige/beige cloth. A 1962 Fleetwood 60 Special - gold, beige broadcloth, a 64 Fleetwood -2x gold, a '66 DeVille convertible - white/black,; 1963 Series 62 Sedan (4W) and a few others I can't recall.

Conspicuously absent was a green 1961 Sedan deVille which I searched all day for.  :-\  But that has been explained. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

FREDS64FLEETWOOD

I really wanted to go but got stuck having to work. No Cadillac driving for me this day. Boo-Hoo!
FRED WITTENBERG
BREWSTER,NY
CLC#18218
1984 Sedan DeVille
1964 Fleetwood (Gone but never forgotten)

D.Smith

Trust me it was VERY frustrating that it was raining in my area and not at the show!!     That is one of my favorite shows of the year.    But I won't take the car out and drive it in the rain.   No point in showing a dirty car!   Sorry to miss you guys!   I was really looking forward to seeing everyone.   

Some guys who did go sent me photos.  I'll post some of them.