News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 DeVille right outside mirror

Started by Bryan Thompson, April 11, 2018, 07:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

Good Morning, Posted about this a few weeks ago.  Some of the posts asked when I came up with a solution, let folks know.  I absolutely did not want to drill a pristine door so.......See picture.  That's a 4" convex baby mirror. Believe it or not I can see if a car is in my blind spot pretty well.  As I'm blind in my right eye the blind spot on that side is pretty big. Just hope I never run into a Police Officer who is having a bad day. I'm required to have a right "outside" mirror.  :o Have  great day.
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Bryan Thompson on April 11, 2018, 07:49:23 AM
I'm required to have a right "outside" mirror.
As a retired Police Officer, I am afraid that an inside mirror will not qualify, or pass as an outside mirror, no matter where it is.

BUT, I cannot see where it would be a requirement anywhere within USA as these vehicles were not fitted with these mirrors as standard, and 1967 is outside the 1968 or '69 Federal requirements, if that is when they came into law.

Here in Australia, it was 1969 that the Australian Design Rules came into effect, and any LHD car has to have an outside mirror on the Right side, no matter what age it is.  It is a safety thing.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bryan Thompson

Hi, My drivers license has the restriction on it.  I'm not allowed to drive a car without one.  Thank you for your service.  :)
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

cadillacmike68

They never made one.

You can try to epoxy one on. There are several aftermarket mirrors and you should be able to get a round one similar to your left side one.

Glue it on real good and it can eventually be removed. Might have to have door repainted, but at least there will be no holes on the door.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike