News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Barn full of 1927-1931 parts

Started by yachtflame, September 30, 2017, 08:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

Well, hurricanes Irma and Maria destroyed my yacht and lively hood. After 42 years of taking families and couples out on a private vacations, it looks like I'll be sitting on the beach this winter!
If any one needs a part for their Cadillac or Lasalle from these years, I probably have it. If you need new replacement parts for you cast pot metal parts, I most likely have the mold for it and I cast them in bronze.
I'll be at Hershey on Thursday-Saturday and can bring parts with me.
Let's hope my first winter since highschool is a mild one!!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC#17057
340-998-5199
yachtflame@yahoo.com
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

autoluke

How about a cap/dipstick for a 1941 ?

Phil
Phil Lukens

35-709

Wayne,
So very sorry to hear of your misfortune.  Will you replace your yacht?  I happen to know that at least you have a project to keep you busy over the winter this year  ;D
Geoff
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Carl Fielding

Terribly sorry to read this , Captain Wayne. I wondered how you had survived the Hurricanes. I picture you at the helm of the big Cat , running off before the storm. A hankie size spinnaker , sea anchor , surfing the big ones with a wide smile on your face for the thrill of it ! I have never crewed multihulls , but have been told that the big Cats do surf extremely well. Is this so ? But the manpower needs for that labor intensive handful in protracted heavy weather would be extreme. Would this even be feasible ? I hope your many friends in the islands are OK. Don't lose your "sea legs" !  - Carl

yachtflame

Thanks Carl,
Seems you've been afloat before! I've weathered 11 hurricanes on board all kinds of boats. In the past couple years, my wife and I had decided to spend the summers with our aging parents. Lucky for us we weren't there this time. We have many friends that chose to stay on their boats thru this. Most are ok but lost most of what they own. I'm lucky to have just lost a boat. Crazy when you see a 56' cat sitting upside down. Amazing what 225 mph can do to some fiberglass!!
Any way, it now gives me a chance to improve my pattern making skills....and learn to shovel snow!
  Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075