News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Can anyone identify this dome light?

Started by bjorn1230, November 09, 2017, 11:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjorn1230

Bought a few boxes of Cadillac parts the other day, different years and miscellaneous parts sitting in this mans garage. Then in an old piece of paper 2 of these showed up, with no serial numbers or identification. I’m not even sure they’re Cadillac parts as other items were of different manufacturers. I’m guessing 30’s or 40’s dome light, but i’m sure someone out there are more educated on these older parts than I am so please let me know what you think
Thanks
Bernie

TonyZappone #2624

This sort of lite without chrome or hard  nickel plating is the type Pierce Arrow used in non visible areas like in the rumble seat, or under the dual cowl on a dual cowl phaeton.  Not being visible, they probably felt no need for decorative plating
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

bjorn1230

Great, I guess that makes more sense the way the brackets are positioned. It certainly narrows the search for the application
Thanks!