News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac 75 series Limousine

Started by Ken Burns, October 04, 2017, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Burns

I purchased my Cadillac in 1997 from Minasoda where it was kept in a barn. I was told the car previously came from Texas and was owned by a politician. The car has been kept in the garage the whole time I have owned it. It was painted in 2000, Dupont product's were used. The car was primed and block sanded 23 times, witch makes the body panels straighter and the body lines more pronounced than when the car was brand new.  Corlar 825cf primer was used and top coated with Imron 99u. There is 2 gallons of top coat on the car there is enough paint that it can be block sanded again and buffed. Witch is not necessary. The odometer reads 29002 I am going to assume 129002 the engine didn't sound real healthy and the 429 was replased with a Superior rebuilt 472 and matting rebuilt transmition. Which have approx. 10000 miles on them. The driveshaft was also rebuilt and balanced properly. The exost system is in great shape and has no exost leaks. I do have 6 of the original hubcaps,and another set of wheels. I do not like the looks of the hubcaps and installed custom wheels with Michelin tires. The front drum brakes were replaced with 1968 rotors, there was no modifying to do, the 1966 control arms accept the 1968 spindle castings. The undercarriage and inside of the doors we undercoated right after paint with a tar product that is still sticky. The front suspension and steering components are in great shape, the car goes strait down the road without tracking to the right or left. This is one of my prize Cadillacs, It is a beautiful Automobile and makes a huge statement to whoever sees it. If there are any other questions feel free to ask. I have many more photographs that I can send to someone interested.
The price of this Cadillac is 18,000 but i will consider any reasonable offer.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon