News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 LaSalle on Fantomworks

Started by 76Caddy, October 07, 2017, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76Caddy

Anyone watch Fantomworks last night with the 1939 LaSalle?  It had a CLC sticker on the drivers vent window.  Wondering if it belongs to a current or former member?
Tim Plummer
CLC #18948
1967 Eldorado
1976 Brougham
1976 Seville
2019 XT5
1969 Chevy c/10 pickup
1971 Chevy Impala

chrisntam

I haven't watched it yet (I have it DVR'd), the episode is on again on Monday, October 9 @ 10 Central time on Velocity Channel.  Title of the episode is "Rags to Riches" if you want to search for it.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

CreepyOldGuy

Thanks for bringing this up.  I am a sucker for car shows.  Just set my DVR :)

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

Folks,

I was amazed at the cost to bring the old LaSalle back to life. The 12 Volt change over will work ok but for that money they could have got the 6 Volt system back to operation as if it was new.

The 39 looks great so hope the owner drives it and has many miles of enjoyment.

My Opinion.

The Johnny
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series

tturley

I recorded and watched and it was interesting to me because I have recently restored a 1940 Lasalle sedan. I went with the 8 volt battery and it starts very quickly. Vertually no cost except battery.
I did mine in the same oxblood maroon both body and fenders.

Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
2011 Escalade platinum Edition
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

HerbP

Quote from: John Washburn CLC 1067 on October 09, 2017, 09:12:20 PM
Folks,

I was amazed at the cost to bring the old LaSalle back to life. The 12 Volt change over will work ok but for that money they could have got the 6 Volt system back to operation as if it was new.

The 39 looks great so hope the owner drives it and has many miles of enjoyment.

My Opinion.

The Johnny
I was surprised at the cost too...but it was a beautiful car!
1940 LaSalle 5019
This stuff is FUN!
:)

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

STS05lg

Quentin,
They changed the operating system from 6 to 12 volts, restored the braking system (she was only braking on the right front wheel), replaced all underbody ruber bushings, and did something to the rear axel. If you have seen the show, when Dan the owner sits down with the client at the end he hand him the bill and only mentions the cost of parts and the approximate man hours, never the total. In the case of the LaSalle, Dan just said 300 hours which equals spproxately $30,000 USD (rates at Fantom Works according to past clients is $100per hour. It was a good show the car was really in great shape. And the owner said he was just the caretaker so that future generations can admire the craftsman ship of a previous era.

cadillac ken

I would be cautious of believing the dollar numbers on Reality TV shows.  There's a lot of "financing" by the show.

I good friend of mine was on the old Biker Build-Off show as a builder.  Lots of stories about what really goes on.  Remember Reality Shows are not reality but mostly assuredly shows and many deals are cut that the viewer never hears about.