News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Quadrajet transmission vacuum modulator pin

Started by MH69Coupe, December 21, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MH69Coupe

Hey guys,

The connector on the back of the Carb where the transmission modulator vacuum line connects is it removable? I pulled the vacuum line gently today and the whole pin came out. Now I have put it back but need to know if it needs to be sealed with some sealant etc? Is it a replaceable part?

chrisntam

I think it's just a press fit, tap it in with a small hammer, when done, grab it, move it around to make sure it's tight.  It should be ok.

I got a rebuilt carb without one, rebuilder sent me one, I put it in dry, no problems since.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

MH69Coupe

Seems right. Mine seems like damaged but i found the parts page and they have new ones!

https://quadrajetparts.com/quadrajet-tubes-vents-c-128_36.html

TJ Hopland

When I have had them that didn't want to stay in I have used a little loctite.  I don't remember which version, likely what ever was handy. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

MH69Coupe

Thanks I think this better instead of tapping the pin in etc. I’m my opinion.
I did see some sticky substance on my existing pin.