News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Refurbish Leather Seats

Started by pwtomhave, October 10, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwtomhave

I recently bought a 91 Brougham with Carmine Red Leather interior.  No tears in the seats but a lot of small cracking.  This is my first "project car" i have ever bought and I am looking for recommendations on a good product to redo the seats.

35-709

Seems everybody and his brother has a leather cleaning, rejuvenating, protectant product, some not so good.  Leatherique is recommended by the RROC (Rolls Royce Owners Club) and is what I use (FWIW).  Just recently used the full Leatherique process on my 2007 Cadillac CTS salvage yard front seats to be installed in my 1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod, they came out nearly as new.   the 2006 CTS seats in Big Red will soon receive the Leatherique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator process when the Jag is finished and I have some time.

http://www.leatherique.com/products.html
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David Greenburg

X2 for Leatherique.  More labor-intensive that the typical spray and wipe stuff, but it does a great job.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

gary griffin

Years ago I was in the Jaguar club and "Hide Food" was the recommended product. It revitalized old leather quite well as I recall.

I got tired of dealing with the "Prince of darkness"  AKA Lucas electrical systems. so left Jaguar behind decades ago!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

35-709

All that is left of my Jaguar is the original body.  Lucas was one of the first to go --- there is a very long list of Lucas electric jokes.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Jeepers Creepers

Like the one that Lucas invented intermitted wipers...... they didn't mean too, it just happened that way. ;D 
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

mario

http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html
Enjoy.
ciao,
Mario caimotto

Caddyjack

If you're not in need of adding color, I have had excellent results using a baseball glove conditioner:

https://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Pro-Stock-Glove-Conditioner/dp/B0000ARCTM
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA