News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Coachcraft 41 Conv whereabouts ?

Started by Quentin Hall, October 24, 2017, 12:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin Hall

Apparently last heard of in the NY area. I've been talking with the grandson of Rudi Stoessel who was one of the Coachcraft partners and the expert timber frame coachbuilder. A Tribute to it is being constructed in Sweden. Both cars were derived from 41 Sixty Specials.

http://public.fotki.com/rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/coachcraft_customs/coachcraft-1941-cad/
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This was the first of the Dave Holls special cars shown in the S/S in my first year of belonging to the CLC (1964) By then, I was well "into" 1941s and haven't recovered yet. There were few years in between then and now that I didn't own at least one. I was like a proud father at the GN seeing how nicely Jeff has made "my" 60S into a dependable driver.

Dave always had a page to show a custom bodied Cadillac or LaSalle from his files in each issue back in the "olden days."

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Quentin Hall

I walk a tightrope here. Nevertheless these cars were often rebodied in the pre and post war era. Here is the contemporary Swedish build.
https://www.customcarchronicle.com/forums/topic/bert-gustafssons-41-cadillac-custom/
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hey Q,
I think he needs to buy my coupe.  He would have a real pair to draw to.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I wish I had the funds to buy your coupe Bob.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I am amazed at the talent of some people. I am aware of what it takes to move curves and lines so that they look original and without blemish. This is going to be a fantastic machine. Quentin, what you and this man have created in these two cars goes so far beyond "modified" and "custom" that there are no words to describe the process.

So many of the rods that were done in the late forties and fifties always had "something" not quite right when I looked at them in Rod & Custom and Hot Rod magazines. These cars simply don't have anything "wrong." Mainly as the craftsmen keep ripping out the metal until it is right.

Keep it up and get them finished. Great work and we appreciate being able to gaze upon them. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

veesixteen

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"