News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle seat return springs

Started by bpowell, November 05, 2017, 11:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpowell

I have a 37 LaSalle that someone previously butchered a modern type seat track into. It was horribly done and a totally unacceptable set up.

Thanks to help on these forums, I was able to get all the original seat mounting hardware. I have been able to figure out where most everything goes, except the seat springs that pull the seat forward for adjustment.  I have the springs, and the little screw attached brackets for one end of them. I don't know if these brackets attach to the seat or the floorboard, and then where the opposite end is supposed to attach. The manuals and parts books I have do not clearly show this.

Would any of you be able to supply me a picture, or describe how they attach?

Thanks,

Bill Powell