News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

advice needed on 68 dash

Started by Craig Edfort, January 02, 2005, 08:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Edfort

Hello and Happy New Year.

I am working on restoring a 68 conv. It will be a driver since it is a real fixer upper. It did not come with Tilt & Tel but it was installed at some point because it is there now.

Can anyone advise me as to whether the dash bezel should be woodgrain like the door panels and whether that part is different size in cars with T&T from those without?  There is a gap between the steering column and the transmission selector widow.

Thanks

Craig

Andrew 10642

My 68 Deville Convertible has the Rosewood dash applique.  If its missing, it would be ugly chrome metal beneath it.  The door panels are also Rosewood.  The T&T steering wheel shouldnt make a difference.

Lars Langoy

Hi

USA Parts Supply (http://www.usapartssupply.com/)
has the dash woodgrain:

DASH BOARD WOODGRAIN APPLIQUE                              
10.233A    68 All     $49.95

I bought one for my 68 conv., it is real wood and has
a perfect fit.
It will need surface treatment with some transparent
oil lacquer though.  

Regards
Lars

Lynn 10923

The rosewood inserts came when the leather interior was ordered. The leather interior was standard on convertibles and optional on everything else.

Lynn