News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

drive axle - 1972 Eldo

Started by Volker Rechtmann, January 04, 2005, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Rechtmann

Hi,

by accident I received the wrong drive axle - left instead of right. Somewhere I heard that the axles are the same?! Is this true??

A happy new year from Germany,

Volker

JIM CLC # 15000

01-04-05
VOLKER, if it is FWD, one axle will be longer.
If RWD, the axles should be the same.
Maybe someone else will jump-in that has replaced axles on a 72 Eldo will post.
HTH
Good Luck, Jim

densie 20352

If its the same as 70 Toro, the one that goes on the right should have a torsional damper in the middle of it, and is longer than the left one.

-densie

Steve Baecker

Your Ok, -the left will replace the right. An alignment man told me a trick to cure mystery vibrations was to replace a right with a left. -[eliminates that big dampner]

densie

It has been much too long since I got rid of my Toro.  I remember that the final drive was kind of on the left side, which is why I was thinking that the right axle was longer.  Was there a short shaft that came out of the right side of the drive, held by a  bearing, that the axle bolted up to?

-densie

Volker Rechtmann

Thanks to all for your help. Will try this week to install the left axle to the right side.

Regards,
Volker