News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1977 Eldorado Biarritz leather repair

Started by Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963, January 04, 2005, 06:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

I have a small bad spot on the driver seat.  Someone had covered it with what feels like a same color patch. It is now pealing.  Another problem is that the passenger side seat is tough and sun damaged.  What can be done to recover it?  
Am I just as well to replace the leather with new leather or can it be patched, and recovered with a lanolin treatment?

Another problem is a small split in the vinyl padding at the top of the door.  Should that be patched or just have the vinyl replaced?

The interior is nearly perfect but for these three little problems.  The look of the passenger side is fine but it does not feel like the more protected leather areas.  The split in the vinyl is about .5 inch long, and the spot on the driver seat is the size of a quarter.  With everything else in perfect, survivor shape, I would like to repair these small problems.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Porter

Im restoring my 66 CDV leather and vinyl interior, Ralph Messina recommended http://www.colorplus.com TARGET=_blank>www.colorplus.com , I used their products and Im very pleased. Everything is ready for install except the front seat, Im removing that now. All the resto parts look good as new. Im fabricating a new package shelf this week.

The only part of my interior that will require some leather replacement is the front drivers seat area.

Go to that website and read the PDF file about leather resto, refinishing and repair.

Porter

Derek J. Sherwood, CLC #18781

Lexol is great for rejuvenating old tough leather.  It worked on my Lincoln, the passenger seat was the same way.

Regards,

Derek

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Cool, Porter!  Thanks!!  Hey good luck on the package shelf.  I have checked out the Color-plus site and think it should work.  Let me know how the Caddy is going!  Always interested and would love to know what mods you might make.

Porter

I used the Colorplus cleaner, leather conditioner and color treatment (Surflex), 100 percent satisfied with the products.

The surflex works on vinyl and leather.

He restored his 66 Eldo interior like new.

Still a lot of work but way cheaper than a new interior, providing it isnt too far gone. Only my front drivers seat area needs some leather panels replaced.

Porter (pictures available, send me an e mail)