News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear Coil Spring

Started by Wilson, January 23, 2005, 05:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

I have a 1984 Eldorado Bairittz Convt. and Im trying to find replacement springs for the rear. All the stores that I haved checked with only carry springs for Eldorado Bairittz but NOT for the Convt. HELP !!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Wilson,

The reason that the shops dont list the Convertible springs is that all the convertibles for that model were made from cutting down the Biarritz Coupe.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Brian Rachlin

I have a set if these springs, brand new.

Email me ar rachlin@comcast.net to discuss.

Thanks,

brian

Mike #19861

LOL, Bruce! Now you are really confusing the issue. Now do you suppose the Biarritz Coupe may have also been called a Seville?

Anyway, all 64 Eldorados were Biarritzs. This is a carry over from when tthe Eldorado coupe was introduced for 1956. They differentialted between the coupe and convertible by naming the coupe the Seville and the convertible the Biarritz..

After the Seville was discontinued for 61, the Biarritz name lived on until the new FWD Eldorado Coupe was introduced for 67 when it was simply called the Eldorado.

The Biarritz name was again used as a special trim option for the Eldorado coupe starting in 1976(?) and continued through until at least the late 80s, but defineatly gone by the introduction of the new Eldorado for 1992.

Mike