News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

89 Fleetwood BCM failures

Started by Dave Abramson 19425, January 24, 2005, 10:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Abramson 19425

I am killing more BCMs (body control module) than is good for my checkbook.  Suspected fan motor was replaced along with the A/C programmer.  Lasted 8 hours.

When it fails, the heat, A/C goes first with a "check A/C" warning lamp.  A/C has been upgraded to new Freon.  Fan does continue to work, but with minimal heat.  Its cold here.  I am also getting a "security" lamp when shut down.  I pulled that fuse so the battery did not discharge.

Now the car is officially dead with the dash showing all indicators including a "no charge" even though the battery is fine.  No start or even an attempt.  I suspect the BCM has failed even further to get me to this condition.

Something is loading this thing down even when shut down.  Ignition switch failure?

Dave A

Mike #19861

Have you checked all the grounds in the system to make sure they are clean and dry? Make sure they are also good on the blower power module and the blower motor.

Check all the connections to the battery, and the junction blocks and alternator. Make sure tha alternator output is within spec. No more than 14.5 volts.

There is somthing there that is being overlooked. I would chase down any possibilities before you replace any more BCMs.

Mike