News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How many 1936 series 75 were produced

Started by Frank Kilpatrick-21442, February 28, 2005, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Kilpatrick-21442

Does anyone know how many 1936 series 75, 7 passenger touring sedans were produced?

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi Frank,

I am writing the Authenticity Manual for Class 9 under which the 1936 Model 7523 7 passenger touring sedan falls. Sadly, I have not been able to get a breakdown by model of the 1936 Cadillacs of the numbers produced. Yann Saunders may know and I havent asked him yet (pshaw, pshaw on me!). Your best bet is to look in your roster when you get it. I believe you are a new member judging by your number. Engine numbers can give reasonable number, allowing for extra engines made.

Herewith the numbers for 70 and 75 series cars: 3110001-3115248.

I hope this helps,

Chris Bryant

Barry Wheeler #2189

I believe that this information is to be found in the back of Maurice Hendrys book about Cadillac. My copy is out in the garage and I may have a chance to get it when I go to Lions later on this evening. There are also official driving impressions from Cadillac that I may be able to send you from old Self Starters. These, incidently, should be placed in the Authenticity Manuals.

Frank Kilpatrick-21442

Thanks Chris and Barry for all your help, I knew the total for series 75 and was interested to see if there were numbers for 7523 models.  If you find anything of interest, please send. I finished mine and if you are interested would share pictures.  thanks again.

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi Frank and Barry,

Barrys comment about the Muarice Hendry book prompted me to look at it again and I found the breakdown by series (not specific model). Production of all Series 75 Cadillacs in 1936 was 3,227.

Cheers,

Chris