News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

58 Fleetwood carpets

Started by Bob Barron, April 25, 2005, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Barron

My Fleetwood is equiped with pleated style cloth & leather code 63 Blue Tunisian with light blue leather bolsters. For carpets, the specifications manual calls for Spartan Quality deep plush pile rayon-nylon. My trunk, entire floor passenger area, and bottom of all four doors has a persian tight curly black wool. My question, is this an option the factory would do if the new owner was willing to pay for it, or is this an add on after the fact. I have had 50 / 50 opinions both ways, please advise, thanks. Bob

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Hi Bob,

In the day, the original purchaser could special order many things on his/her new Cadillac. The VIN plate will show “SO” for that characteristic.
In ’57 & 58, Cadillac offered Karakul and Mouton carpets in the Eldorado Brougham. These could have been SO’d in other models. From your description of the texture and color, it doesn’t sound like your carpet is either type offered in the  Brougham. In addition, the trunk was lined with a burlap type fabric that harmonizes with the exterior color. My hunch is that your black carpets were installed later.
HTH,
Ralph