News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sun visor rivits

Started by Art Archambeault #22010, June 22, 2005, 08:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Archambeault #22010

I need help. Hopefully somone can.  I have a sun visor for a 49 Cadillac. It is two halfs that bolt together with a thick centerline piece of SS.  From this centerline , running along each leading edge of each half out to the A pillars are two pieces of SS edging. On the underside of this visor, what you would see from inside the car, are a series of what appear to be rivits, which hold the SS edging to the visor.

These rivits, which I believe are intragal to the edging, appear with rounded heads. One would think, tap it and drill them off, cut them off etc.
         The heads on these things are virtually impossible to drill through. I used a cobalt drill bit with cutting oil, flat out wont touch it. Grinding, would do it but all the angles are wrong, could be done though . Any other suggestion would be appreciated . I believe they could be polished in place ,but my guy is going to say, no, they got to come off.  Please help.