News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 brackets

Started by Roger Zimmermann, July 02, 2015, 07:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

By trying to help somebody who want an A/C bracket for his '59 car, I'm not sure at all for what my brackets are for.
Maybe somebody can tell me for what they are good. Thank you!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

J. Gomez

Roger,

The front bracket 147 0750 (from what I can make) the MPL list it as 1959-1960 the rear should be 147 0769 if there is a part # stamped on yours.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks José! By looking at the MPL, I found a drawing for the belts showing the cast bracket (which has the cast number 1470750) in a vertical position, attaching the compressor at the front; the adjusting bracket is for the generator.
The steel bracket I have could be the rear compressor support; there is no number stamped on it (it would be too easy!).

I removed these brackets about 30 years ago; a small notice on them would be helpful now...
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

curly

Both of those brackets you show match the ones on my 59 Fleetwood.  The stamped bracket is missing another smaller bracket that connects the compressor to that stamped bracket.  Mine is missing also so I can't show you what it looks like.

T Lewis

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks for the comments. In fact, it was to help DylanFan52 who asked for the A/C brackets and I was not sure if what I have were the right ones.
It appears that DylanFan52 has these brackets too; he is missing the ones to ajust the belt's tension from the compressor. Unfortunately, I don't have them, they stayed on the compressor I sold many years ago.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

DylanFan52

Thanks Roger, Curly, and J. Gomez for the all the help on my bracket search!

John aka "DylanFan"

59-in-pieces

John - AKA DylanFan52,
Here are some pics that may add to the confusion or add some light????????
Pics have descriptions.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

59-in-pieces

Jon,
Two last pics for location of lower gen attchmnt to sqr bar attch'd to exhaust manifold.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Roger Zimmermann

Good pictures! It is what I was looking for when I had both brackets in front of me and not knowing for what they were for!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

DylanFan52

Thanks All!  59-In-Pieces the pictures really helped.  Ken and Roger thank you for the help in locating the back bracket. I think I have all the pieces now from four different sources.  With the pictures and parts in hand I can piece together and install the compressor.  I did could not figure out how the compressor attached to the main brackets attached to the engine.  I did not know about the two, front and back, adjustable brackets that mount the compressor to the engine brackets.  This is kind of fun when it all comes together isn't it?  I do know if I could have figured it out without the help from the contributors of this forum.  ;D