News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Started by Whit, July 02, 2014, 07:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Kahn

My 1960 Eldorado Brougham was retrofitted with modern bags and and an electric compressor. Most of the original stuff is still there including the compressor, lines and sensors. It rides beautifully but as far as value is concerned, it's probably been diminished because of it. But our cars are two different animals anyway.

Whit

I do intend to go to some regional events to interact with 'Cadillac Folks'...ask a lot of questions...do a lot of listening and looking...share some of the early experiences I have had to date.

Front fenders are off and stripped of trim...top and hydraulics removed...seats, doors and door panels removed...purchased front and rear floor pan replacements...getting a 'lift' for my garage tomorrow to help in removing the body from the frame. Need to address removing the dash and steering column next, and understanding the myriad of connections between body and frame. Doors and rockers are solid. More fun down the road...

The car has run within the last two years and the engine turns over, but I don't want to try to start it up at this point. Other than the expected rust through in the floor pans and wells under the hydraulic cylinders, the body looks to be very solid. The lower rear fender quarter panels (back part) will likely need pre-formed replacement patch panels (which seem to be available). Doors and rockers are solid. Front bumper very good, rear bumper is OK (useable). All will need re-chrome. Windshield and trim is good, I intend to replace all the side glass.

More later as I progress a bit. Thanks for the input to date!               Regards   Whit

veesixteen

Looks like you know where you are treading and I'm sure the end result will be worth all the effort that you will be putting into the restoration.  I shall be following the progress on this thread, with many other 60 Eldo aficionados.

Now GO !
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Thule

Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.