News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New wheels for our Seville

Started by Gene Beaird, July 15, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Beaird

I know, it's a modified Cadillac, but it's modified with Cadillac parts.  I've already posted this on the Modified Cadillac list, but wanted to share it here.  I have been looking for some new wheels for our 79 Seville.  I wanted to pull the somewhat beat up and very heavy hubcaps and steel wheels off the car and get something that was hopefully a bit lighter, with a different look.  I really wanted something that looked like 3rd Gen Firebird GTA wheels, as I have a set, but the 79 Seville has a 5" lug bolt pattern, and I haven't been able to find something even close with a 5" lug bolt pattern.  The next best thing, IMHO, is the 94-96 Fleetwood aluminum wheels.  After a long search (including a wanted post here), I finally located a set on a low-mileage Fleetwood that the owner was interested in getting rid of so he could mount his Fleetwood Brougham wheels. 

I finally got the opportunity to install the wheels and get a quick picture this weekend.  I really like the way they look on the car, in spite of the blackwall wheels (the thread regarding thin white wall tires on this forum was started after I had already acquired the tires for these wheels). 

I'll note that not only were the hubcaps very heavy, probably 10 lbs. each, they were a real challenge to remove.  I would have been furious having to try to remove one if we had had a flat on the road, especially if I were all dressed up going out to dinner.  I haven't had an opportunity to drive the car around to see if we have any rubbing anywhere, as it was about 90 deg. F in the shop, and I was soaking wet with sweat when I finished, and didn't want to sweat in the car.  We did go from a stock 205 width tire to a 235 width tire, so we have a lot more tire on the ground.  More traction!!   ;D
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Ken Perry

Cadillac Ken

Gene Beaird

Thanks, Ken. They look better in person. If i got about an inch out of the suspension, things would look perfect, IMHO.
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Aaron Hudacky

Gene,

Your Seville looks great with those wheels.  Now I want a set for my 79 deVille. 
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

Gene Beaird

Aaron, they'd probably look pretty good on a DeVille, too. These are off a 94-96 Fleetwood. They are NOT the Brougham wheels, as those are usually chrome, and depending on year, a different design.
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873