Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical / Authenticity / 1960 brake rebuild
« Last post by Hayden P on Today at 12:46:12 AM »
Hi guys ... havenít posted for ages ....

Anyway... rebuilding my 1960 Coupes front and rear drum brakes. Have kit to put in it and have restored all other parts. I took photos of brakes before I tore them down and for the life of me canít find them.

Does anyone have any pics of front and rear drum brakes so I can figure out how it all goes back together. I have a fair idea - just wanna make sure I am on the right track and using the right springs etc.

Also cleaned up my hard brakes lines and going to re-use them. Any pics of those also would be amazing.

Thanks everyone.
Restoration Corner / Re: 1953 cadillac convertible 62
« Last post by Allan1953caddy on Today at 12:21:55 AM »
in teh paint shed after blast and primer
Restoration Corner / 1953 cadillac convertible 62
« Last post by Allan1953caddy on Yesterday at 11:34:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

i have just started restoring a series 62, 53 cadddy convertible and shall require all the help i can get

i have just striped the car now, blasted the body, and put some primer and paint on it.
shall taking it for body alignment and tinkering and panel beating

have loads of missing items , on which i shall seek the forum members help to procure

have attached a few pics as of yesterday

Shall keep updating

cheers,

Allan
General Discussion / Re: 12 second 73 coupe de ville
« Last post by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364 on Yesterday at 10:14:00 PM »
Chris
I'm going to talk with Steve Stewart soon. To do it justice the article will take substantially mort than 1500 words. If that won't work for the self stater perhaps I will do otherwise.
Greg Surfas
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Paint mix formulas - who has them? 1970 Cadillac
« Last post by 76eldo on Yesterday at 10:01:23 PM »
When I got my San Mateo 70 DeVille 5 years ago it had a few little nicks and chips that I wanted to touch up.  I went to a local paint supplier and got a pint in the actual acrylic lacquer.  They had the formula in a book and mixed it to match perfectly.  I only wanted a pint to use with a super fine brush and dab in a few chips.  They said at the time that to mix enough to paint a car with would be very expensive.  So as of 5 years ago you could still get it.

Brian
General Discussion / Re: 12 second 73 coupe de ville
« Last post by wrench on Yesterday at 09:31:14 PM »
Sounds good!
Yeah, after I posted, I did a quick search, seems as if getting original formulas for these cars isn't that challenging, but apparently it is for my local branch...

I'll call and talk to them in the am.

>:(
Not sure why they are trying to paint match. For my '66, the color was in the paint shop's computer system.   I ordered RM from my local paint shop and it matched exactly (Marlin Blue Iridescent).  Maybe call another shop.  Chuck
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10