News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Im curious to what people think a 100 point 61 CDV is worth?

Started by collector, March 26, 2008, 12:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

35-709

Just goes to show what has been said here many times --- a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and/or the buyer is willing to accept!!  It is often to the seller's advantage that when selling an admittedly very nice car the buyer doesn't really know just what he is looking at and believes what he wants to believe.   
Luvdg has thrived on this for years.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

art22010

My questimate would be in the 8_12 range with some higher bidders at the 15ooo range but not much above.. purely subjective though. if i had 20 to spend that day i do not think i would go above 15500.

DinoBob

Well now, for 8 to 12K back up the truck, I'll buy all you got. But 40K is completely beyond what i thought it would go for. Hey, I guess it happens.
Bob Belloff

BJM

Quote from: collector on July 23, 2009, 04:12:50 AM
Just and update my 61 that was so highly critized for the small things like correct battery etc sold for in the mid 40k range so I guess someone knew a good thing when they saw it

Again, within topic - the comments were justified. We were criticizing to a very high standard, kind of like comparing God (100 point) to humans (my grandmother Ocie 99, me? somewhere south of that)

The final selling price means nothing. The person that purchased that 61 CDV for $40,000 bought what he saw in front of him, not a 100 point car. We still have not determined the market value of a true 100 point 1961 CDV.

Most people want an over-restored car of any particular make/model etc because it looks better then a time capsule car. We have better paint for one - then they did in 1961. Restored cars are hand built by and large.

When legitimate questions about the leather and paint were posed, YOU never responded by going to the seller and verifying whether the leather had been replaced and he paint was newer. It is a nice car but we can not comment on value if the original premise is no longer valid.

I have come close to purchasing 2 61 Coupe deVilles. (projects) They are truly amazing cars in my opinion. The Collectible Automobile article on 1961 to 1964 Cadillac really pointed out the glory of these cars. The parking lamps detail, the skegs that Bill Mitchell said "get those skegs off of there or your fired" to the designers (I think he was referring to 1963) the one year only "bubbletop".

With all due respect to 1960 owners and admirers, I like the 61's better. The corrugated sides that would be gone by 1963. This was a style that epitomized the early sixties. Cadillac restraint in some areas, terrific details and the countrys space fascination in the dual fins.

Walter Youshock

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham