News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 cadillac rear fender extensions.

Started by R Schroeder, July 26, 2010, 04:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecaristo

Nice car! It does seem the extensions fade differently than the rest of the car. Maybe because its a different material than metal. I've found this to be true even with the 70's Eldorados. Are you happy with the look and fit of the wood grain piece around the steering wheel that you bought?
Joe
Joe Caristo

R Schroeder

JOE - I wood grain piece is slightly different in wood tone colors. It is leaning towards the tan tones instead of the gold tones in the back round. Nobody has ever noticed it in the car as being a little different in color tones.
The fit was exact. That couldn't be better.
They called about the color and they gave me back 25% of my money. I cant complain because the other one was full of cracks.
Take it from there. If you don't have one or need one , it is OK.

bill henry

My 78 was yhe same way I always thought it was the flexative in the paint on the extesions that caused it
Bill Henry

Jeff Wilk

Is there some source for replacement woodgrain/chrome plastic trim on the dash for early 70's Eldorado's?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

R Schroeder

Jeff, I don't know, but OTTO has a list of vendors in his postings and maybe his profile.

Well, I have to pull the extensions off tomorrow. I don't believe they used ant primer on the body glazing and now I am having lifting problems with the paint. They said they would take care of it, so, off they come. Dam, and I had some nice pin stripping on there too. I'll have to make some more.
Roy

R Schroeder

Well, I know its been a while, but I did get the paint fixed. I had to take the whole car in so they could do it better.
No problems now.
Roy