News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

how many are left ?

Started by linchero, June 30, 2013, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

OK ,,,today I got anemail from the one on ebay,,,,black. Its # 1028,,,so the search goes on, lets findem all
Jon. Klu

60eldo

Hey Linchero, I ve found 13 so far,,,its a start, if anyone knows of any more 1960 Sevilles please let me know and I will keep track,,,,please try and get a body # that would be great
Jon. Klu

linchero

Im looking , at one time Iwas told there were 300 left world wide could be you never know, a lot of the sevilles were made into  convertables which were none eldorados,

g27g28

In the mid 80s there was one in a antique car junkyard north of Hutchinson KS.  It was white and still had air suspension.  I didn't get the numbers off of it.  If someone hasn't bought it it should still be there.
1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood

linchero

just found another one in solon ohio dealer sienna rose emailed him for the numbers, he had listed the vin #  60h021720   she is a beauty $74000 its on classic cars for sale,

dino

Here's one for the list..

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3902232706.html

There is a 1959 convertible available if your feeling ambitious..

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3902237119.html

What a shame.....
D.Martini
1954 6237DX  CDV
1956 6267X  CCP

1960 6267X  CCP

60eldo

Thanks Dino, but we are looking for 1960 eldorado sevilles only, as 1075 were made, we have found 14 so far
Jon. Klu

INTMD8

Quote from: 60eldo on July 05, 2013, 10:51:26 AM
  Thanks Dino, but we are looking for 1960 eldorado sevilles only, as 1075 were made, we have found 14 so far

Isn't the first one he listed a 60 seville?

Poor cars :(

linchero

that person who left the 59 and the 60 to rot should rot himself what a shame.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Grama

I agree that these vehicles were jewels but the carcass or an organ may be useful to someone.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

linchero

dino

Isn't the first one he listed a 60 seville?

Poor cars

Thank you  INTMD8  for pointing that out.
D.Martini
1954 6237DX  CDV
1956 6267X  CCP

1960 6267X  CCP

60eldo

Just found another one for sale one this site
Jon. Klu

linchero

theres one on ebay mcant make out the number.

60eldo

I emailed the owner he was happy to give it to me its  #503,,,we are at 16 now,,,not bad for a weeks lookin
Jon. Klu

linchero

Good work I wonder who bought the first one ?

veesixteen

I had one of these in the 70s. I probably can find the VIN if I search long enough. I don't have access to the body number.
The car resides still in Switzerland ... bt, sadly, in a pitiful state.  The owner has intimated that it is NOT for sale.
Mine is (was?) color code 99b:  Heather metallic (beautiful) with matching cloth and leather upholstery, dash, carpets.
Somewhere in my archives I have a color rendering of the attached B&W photo from the Cadillac archives
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

BTW, the top 2 photos show Gita, my wife, at the wedding in 1976 of my brother. Malcolm, in Brittany, France (Channel coast).

60eldo

Ya if you can find the VIN, that would be great,,,Johnny K
Jon. Klu

veesixteen

I found the VIN:  60H014570
The first owner was a Ms. Elsie de Reuter of Florida, b. 1890 (so she was 70 when she bought the car)
She moved with her Argentinean banker husband to Geneva, Switzerland, in May 1963 and registered the car there -  Geneva tag "GE142184",
Second owner was Swiss (Max Schindler, a banker from Berne, Switzerland, b. 1900 - tag "BE41982")
He gifted it to his nephew (Heinz Stöekli, also of Berne, b. 1933 - tag "BE66107").
I bought the Seville from Heinz in Feb. 1972 (he didn't like the color!) - (interchangeable tag "GE300212")
We had a baby. The car had to go! I sold it to a used car dealer (Patrice Geneux of Geneva).
It changed hands 2-3 times after that but spent much time laid up, with air-suspension problems.
The last owner was a car enthusiast and said to be eccentric, Walter Wettstein,  but he let the Seville go to the dogs, in an outside (but guarded) enclosure.
He passed in the 90s and I believe his children still own the car ... in the same decrepit state.
Some collector friends of mine have inquired about the car regularly. They are told: IT IS NOT FOR SALE.

Good luck with finding others ... in better condition.