News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Fleetwood Steeringwheel Restoration

Started by Barry, September 23, 2013, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry

I am astounded at the restored steering wheel for my Talisman  that Gary's Steering Wheel Restorations did ! The workmanship is beyond belief ! B.Norman
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Davidinhartford

Jeff Wilk

Narry, simply Awesome!!! I have the same wheel in need od resto. What did they charge?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Barry

Cough....$650, but in all reality, where would you find one for less ? Any used one in decent shape if it can be found is gonna cost that-and a NOS in the correct color ? How long are you gonna be looking for that and imagine the price ! The workmanship is AWESOME ! I have no complaints, and installed it tonight !!
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman

N Kahn

Barry

Thanks ! One does get what they pay for ! I cannot say enough about the quality of his workmanship !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman

honestcaddy

joecaristo

Was your wood grain inlay missing or pulled away from the wheel? How damaged was your steering wheel? Thanks,
Joe
Joe Caristo

Barry

Yes, it was completely out of the wheel-he replaces the fake wood insert with genuine wood to match the original.
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman

Thule

this is just awesome work,  my car needs this so badly
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

Barry

Wish I had taken a before and after picture- The wheel had several major cracks and I just pulled the wood inlay out because it cut my hand ! The car has nearly always been garaged , especially for the last 20 years, So I have no explanation as to why it deteriorated so badly. The rest of the interior is mint ! It sure made a difference in the whole car, and can't recommend Gary's craftsmanship enough !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman

Thule

i think it has something to do with sunlight, and climate

over here they do not do this, over here the body is long gone, but the steering wheel is still fine,  but then my car that was imported from san diego is the other way around, no rust, but the steering wheel is all cracked and hard
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.