News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recovered my door panels at home! Cheep!

Started by 62 driver, April 18, 2014, 09:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

As some of you know, I been working on my Interor.  The sun had turned the light tan vinyl door panels to gray.  The vinyl was in good condition and the shop wanted $800 in labor and I buy the materials.  So I tried to do them my self. Use SME vinyl paint.  Got the cloth from SMS. It took 6 hours and this is the results. First photos shows the faded color. The armrest was recovered in factory color purchased from SMS.  SME paint was matched to the armrest.

Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

Dan LeBlanc

Dave. They look awesome!  Nice work.

How did you make out with the seat stain?
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Thule

Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

62 driver

Dan, the rubber cement stained the cloth and I have not been able to get it all out. I am stilling working on them. Will post a update when I finished the job. I might have some redone.

62 driver

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Were your door panels the molded plastic ones and you just covered them with the material?  If so, was it precut and you just glued it on? 
I have the molded plastic ones and I am trying to figure out how to repair them.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373

62 driver

Jeff,   Mine are made out of vinyl.  They were in good condition but tired from the sun. Just painted them to change the bleached out color.  Dave

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

OK.
My driver's door is shot so there is no painting it.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373