News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954 caddy coupe restoration

Started by 54 caddy larry, October 15, 2014, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54 caddy larry

New to the forum. here are a few pics of my labor of love. I'm quite sure ill have plenty of questions seeing as how Ive never tackled anythin this.
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

Smedly

Looks like a nice project. I cant tell from the pictures, is it white or a mint color. Either one it is a cool Caddy. Good luck and keep us posted.
Sheldon Hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

timer2

Caddy Larry   I'm about 95% done with my '54 coup so if you hit any snags or have questions, give me a hollar or ask on the forum....these guys are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. It's nice to see another great old car being put back on the road. My next move will be to join the CLC club...I think I owe them at least that much!  good luck  T. Irvin

54 caddy larry

smedly, the car is shoal green, kind of like mint.
timer2, it is quite a project but not to bad, if i have questions i'll definitly ask, thanks
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

1954 Fleetwood Series 60 Special

54 caddy larry

Unfortunately not much to report, all floor boards were replaced and carb rebuilt but still had a small vacuum leak. I dropped the car off at my friends repair shop to have him smoke the motor to find the leak. One of his employees decided to move the car while it was in the bay and didn't look and see that the shift pattern was not the usuall P R N D L so he started it, dropped it down one click and hit the gas, boom, right into the steel work bench. Hood, fender and some of the trim crushed. Between ins. delays and locating parts it has been in the body shop since Nov. 15 having no work done to it. parts finally arrived yesterday so should be back in a week then in the garage for the winter res-to session. The only good note is those are two panels i don't have to rework now, oh the $51.72 a day loss of use I'm getting for 60 day period didn't hurt either. More updates when it comes home.
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH