News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Will USA Cities Follow and Our Cadillacs Be Banned?

Started by Jon S, February 18, 2015, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

Oops, sorry, I meant Ride Bicycle.   Maybe someone will make Bicycles out of Rice one day.

My relatives go back to France as well, but us Aussies will joke about anyone, and anything.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

wrench

Yeah, for the future I'd be going long on geeks and short on greasers...
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Lucas Feininger #15674

I just saw on the Hemmings Motor News website that the proposed "old car" ban in Paris may be altered to allow vehicles 30 years and older to enter the city.

According to one post in reply to the article it seems that the city of Ontario Canada is not very friendly to old cars either… would any of our Canadian members have any comment on that?
Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Here in the Uk alll political parties are car un-friendly. In London there is a £10 [approx $15] per day "congestion charge", there are speed cameras, traffic light cameras, parking cameras - all to extract money from the driver. That said, there are collector car friendly laws - we do not have to pay the road fund licence and do not have to have the yearly inspection [I have mixed feelings about this being good though].
You will find politicians of all shades that will come up with crackpot ideas and when the people react they back off from their original plans. As for France, the French won't put up with laws they don't like that are forced on them and they will take to the streets and have them changed - luckily, it looks like they won't have to do this on this occasion. All said and done, if I lived in Paris I would not bother driving anywhere, the public transport system is cheap and very reliable, it is also the quickest way to get around. London the public transport system is expensive and unreliable and driving is not a very nice experience - I always travelled by motorcycle where possible [I moved from London 2 1/2 years ago]. I would still have my Cadillac though and drive it out of town. Phil