News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

brake lights and windshield wipers help in the Columbia Maryland area please.

Started by Billharrison, August 28, 2015, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billharrison

I have 1964 Cadillac Eldorado and having trouble with rear brake lights and windshield wipers. Can anyone suggest a repair person in the Columbia Maryland area?

Bill Harrison 410 299 2500.
1959 Cadillac Series 62 Flat Top
1964 Cadillac Eldorado
1966 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

savemy67

Bill,

Your discussion thread was moved by one of the forum moderators.

I live in Catonsville, and own a 1967 Sean DeVille.  I am a do-it-yourselfer, so I hesitate to offer repair services to the public.  However, I am willing to assist you if you need help diagnosing your problems (as are others on this forum).  If you provide specifics about the problems you are having with your lights and wipers, you may get a solution on this forum.  There is a Cadillac LaSalle Club affiliated chapter dedicated to 63/64 Cadillacs.  That website may have information you can use.

Where in Columbia are you located?  I left a message on your voice mail last night.  I work in Rockville on Saturdays, and in Elkridge on Thursdays and Fridays, so it would not be out of my way to take a look at your car after work.  My home phone is 410-869-8619.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

savemy67

Hello Bill,

FYI, on eBay this evening I saw two used Neutral Safety Switches, #653, for $75 and $100 from the same seller.  Here is the link for the $75 part.  Shipping is $13.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131598334470?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

I also saw on eBay a rebuilt switch (#651) for $298.  This switch will not fit your car but I wanted to give you an idea of the market.  Buying a used switch can be iffy.  You should speak with the seller and ask him to verify that the switch works and that the plastic is in good condition.  Also, ask the seller about returns. 

Christopher Winter

Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop