News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1931 Trunk

Started by thegluru, October 07, 2015, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegluru

I am posting for a friend who has a Tall Trunk from a 1931 Cadillac.  We have verification of the originals owners name and city of residence, but no model number of the car it was sold with, the trunk is in as new condition, it has been dry stored since the early 1930's..  I am new to this but I am wondering if any way to find out if the original car this trunk was sold with might still exist?  We know that the original owner was from a town in Penn. which is verifiable with luggage tags on all of the Apollo Luggage which is included and in pristine condition.  Does anyone have records of sales or access to vehicle registrations in Penn. at this time period so the vin number might be ascertained?  It would be so cool if the trunk could be reunited with the original car.

Thegluru.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Nice idea, but ....impossible.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

savemy67

Hello J. Walters,

I agree that it would be cool to re-unite the trunk with the car.  Instead of searching for VINs, which Bob mentions is impossible, try looking for relatives of the original owner (your post indicated you have the original owner's name and town of residence).  If found, they may be able to tell you what happened to the car.  You may enjoy the detective work even if you encounter a dead-end, or discover that the car went to the big scrap heap in the sky.  Good luck.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop