News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

December 2015 North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, November 30, 2015, 12:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

:)  Now that the turkey has settled and the leftovers are almost gone, it’s time for December’s holidays, all centered around food.  I understand that the average person gains 9 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years.  Thank goodness we Cadillac/LaSalle people are not average.

This month’s newsletter is jam-packed again with lots of good stuff.
Page 1 is best wishes for whatever you are celebrating.
Page 2 and 3 is all about the NTXCLC Fall Activities.  I hope you were there to enjoy the food, the cars, and each other.
Page 4 is the Activities Director’s Calendar with lots of reminders.  Especially Toys For Tots, and our Christmas party.
On page 6 and 7 Richard Dormois continues his Story and He is Sticking To It.
Page 8 is a roster of members attending Fall Events, and some cool pictures of cars we saw at those events. 
Page 9 is my story about My Best Caddy.  Don’t forget that we will publish your story about your best or favorite or the even the one you hated the most - Cadillac or LaSalle.  Send me your story or draft, with digital pictures and you will be in print.
Page 10 and 11â€" I covered the 1927 LaSalle, the first year for this fine automobile.  I wish I had more room because it was a fantastic first year.
On page 12 we say goodbye to an older member who was a veteran and also very active in the club.  Joel  Ray Moore passed away Oct 27, 2015.
Page 13 talks about the history and activities of the PATE Swap Meet.  See you there.
Page 14 is your official invitation to this year’s (Jan 3, 2016) Cadillac Christmas Party.  Like last year, which was received warmly by everyone, we invite you to dress up in clothes that represent the period or year of your Caddy.  We had some great outfits last time, and our winners were all interesting, so give it some thought and visit your favorite haberdashery and ladies’ shop and get outfitted. We need your RSVP and check by December 30th, 2015, so don’t forget.  We have to plan ahead so no walk-ins will be allowed.
Pages 15 and 16 is for your convenience to get your dues check in early, so we can report our membership numbers to the Pate Committee.  Should be good this year with a number of new members.  A bigger membership gets a bigger share of the Pate Swap Meet  income, so help us out and don’t be late.
Pages 17, 18, 19, and 5) is institutional stuff and ads.  Please tell the advertisers when you visit with them that you saw their ad in our newsletter.  By the way, there is more room for classified ads.  You get three lines plus a picture for three months for members, non-members can get three lines for three months for $35, or with a picture for $50.
On page 17 there is a Club Activities Survey.  Here is your chance to express yourself through these suggestions as to how you want the club to function.  For example, if we held the Annual Regional meet on a big parking lot where we could really show off our collector Cadillacs and LaSalles (and Allantes too) and we did the food side as a club member’s barbeque with a pot luck for the sides and desserts â€" would ya’ll come out for the fun and food?  Let’s see your suggestions based on the Survey.
One quick note on the 1937 Cadillac on the Classifieds section on page 19 â€" Dave says that “or best offer” (OBO) is now in effect.
Page 20 is another calendar, just the right size for the fridge.   8)
B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC
06 STS 1SG