News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Air Conditioning Seminar at Grand Nationals

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, April 09, 2016, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Just like to invite everyone attending the GN that is not otherwise occupied at 1PM on Friday to the AC seminar. Would sure appreciate some tough questions.
Thanks
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

gary griffin

Greg, I am hoping to attend. I have some experience having installed chillers from 70 to 2250 tons and understand theory but not the idiosyncrasies of antique automobile refrigeration.   I have a rolling restoration (Meaning I am driving it while I correct cosmetic and mechanical items). Biggest item I have addressed so far is the one year only  hydrovac braking system and need to learn what I need to do to the AC system to rejuvenate it. Your seminar will probably keep me from boring readers of the forum multiple times with my stupid questions.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Scot Minesinger

All,

Wanted to write a positive for Greg, he sure knows Cadillac CC.  I have learned a lot from Greg.  Even though have restored a dozen Cadillac climate control systems over the last two years, plus other a/c systems (not Cadillac, not automatic climate control).  When I wrote in on the forum, Greg usually had the right concept/idea and an answer. 

One time after replacing the VIR on a 1975 Cadillac CDV, the a/c would just not work and over this forum Greg diagnosed it was a bad re-build of the VIR, and it took three on this one car plus two programmers to get it work.  That was several years ago and remains fully functional as new.

Working a 1970 Buick now and the a/c did not work.  It was the dash switch and did not have to mess with the operational r12 system.  I know all the purists (Greg had a big influence, especially advising that r134 is on the way out) would be pleased that your ideas have sunk in a little and I did not replace the hoses and convert it to R134.

I don't too many people with Greg's experience and knowledge.  Greg helped me with my starter at GN in Boston too.

Gary,

We all love the easy questions, so don't be shy.  What you may think is easy may be difficult and vice versa.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Gary,
The only stupid question is the one we don't ask.  Look forward to meeting you.
Greg Surfas

Scott,
Thanks for the promo. 
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-