News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cheap 59 Eldo

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, June 06, 2016, 11:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Bob,

I see your point more on the 4 door convertible.  That would be a very difficult question to answer depending upon the seriousness of the accident.  If it was like the Eldorado, I might sell it rather than attempt a repair.  Plus they only made one of those, so compared to others is it worth less after a wreck - impossible to determine since there is not another to compare it to.  However, if Cadillac made two of the 4dr convertibles and both are in similar condition, the non-wrecked would be worth more to me - maybe not to others. 

I think my ideas align a little more with Cadillac Ken.  Further, probably will never own a super expensive car because it is rare.  Rather have an impressive car that drives well.  Give me the #2 1960 series 62 Cadillac convertible with Eldorado stainless trim on the outside highly optioned over a #1 1960 EBZ without a/c and day of the week.  I know contrary to market of hobby.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: wrefakis on June 10, 2016, 10:00:36 AM

cowl tag equals 59 Biarritz? are you kidding?

rusty car? original frame, engine and tags again that is a legit 59 Biarritz with restoration and rust repair

welcome to the car business

...and a good title.  ;)

I know a guy with an "EBZ" made from a CdV with roof chopped off. He KNEW it because he had the guy in Can build it for him and STILL paid big $$$ for a clone. He had it almost 15 years and the prices were lower back then so he could probably at least break even today - "J" code VIN and all.

May not be the car for the original guy but a running, driving shiny car that just looks like an EBZ - even without the plate or VIN is good enough for a whole lot of people.

And what's good enough for the market...is more than good enough for the car business! LOL ;D

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Shorty64cad

Hang on a second!  Let's back up here.  1970 FOUR door convertible!?  What's the story? And please include pictures!

Cheers, Greg.
Greg Short.  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Greg,
There's one in an old mans garage in Narre Warren S. Black with red leather. RHD too. Check it out.
Cheers, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.