News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hotel booking problems for the 2017 Grand National

Started by johnregrus, August 08, 2016, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnregrus

Within an hour of the rooms supposedly being available to book I tried to reserve a room at the host hotel for the 2017 GN using the CLC conventions event code.

First the "reserve on line" link provided on the Cadillac & Lasalle Club Valley Forge Region does not work.

So I called the Hilton reservation line and was told all available rooms for the GN are sold out on August 1st 2017.

Rooms were available on August 2nd but only with one king bed. Rooms with 2 beds are no longer available.

How can the blocked rooms be already sold out within the first hour of them becoming available to even book??

Was the information that was posted on this forum about when we could start booking wrong or did Hilton start taking reservations for the Grand Nationals early?

Some people are going to be disappointed.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Dan LeBlanc

Waiting for confirmation on the room block, however, I have just been unofficially informed that it's not available until Tuesday, August 9th.

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Walter Youshock

I was told no more doubles, only kings but I did get a room for the whole week...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

My Deville

I haven't called reservations yet, but can anybody tell me how many discount rooms a are available to CLC members ?

Walter Youshock

Supposed to be around 400.  They took the entire hotel.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Lucas Feininger #15674

I made my reservation an hour ago. I called the 800-HILTONS number. I was told that the CLCGN2017 block was reserved from August 2 thru August 6. You could only get the special rate for those nights. All they had were king bed non-smoking rooms.
Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

Dan LeBlanc

I also called the 1-800 number.  Booked from August 1 check in to August 6th  check out. Same as Lucas, only king non smoking rooms left.
Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: johnregrus on August 08, 2016, 10:38:02 AM
I think it was for 400 room nights not 400 rooms. So if someone booked one room for 5 nights that leaves 395 room nights left.

I'm pretty sure it's 400 rooms each night listed in the block. 
Dan LeBlanc

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I just called and booked a double-bed room for August 3, 4 and 5th without any difficulty.

The clerk said the hotel had not released the upgraded rooms yet and suggested I call back later today to see if they will become released by then. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

I just booked July 31 through August 4.  Both king and queen sized beds were available.

Jeff Hansen

I spoke with Ronnie Hux a short time ago.  More rooms have been released to the block for earlier in the week.

I, too, have not been able to get the given URL to work although Hilton swears up and down that it does work.

To answer the question of the OP, Hilton did not release the block early to my knowledge.  Ronnie indicated the host hotel and their worldwide number have been inundated this morning by reservation requests.  If you have not made your reservations already, please do so ASAP!

What I've mentioned here is all that I know...

Jeff

Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

FYI

"I just got off the phone with my contact at Hilton and there ARE rooms available for Saturday July 29 - Sunday August 6.  The issue is that so many members are all trying to get in that the system is being overloaded.  I am monitoring the situation every minute with the hotel and every effort is being made to take care of everyone.  Please let me know if issues continue, but you should be able to get a room with a little wait and effort."

Ronnie Hux
302-745-8850

76eldo

I was able to book a room with double beds for the $129.00 rate over the phone.  It took a while for the representative to find the code in their "system".

It's very annoying that almost every company you have to call these days has some off shore boiler room taking their calls and reservations. 

The link did not work and when I called earlier this morning the person I spoke with did not have any idea of the CLC GN 2017 code.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Jay Friedman

I phoned about 9 am EST and without any trouble booked a single king bed room for 4 nights for $129 from Weds, Aug. 2, leaving Sun., Aug. 6. 

An hour or so later, my friend Doug Bailey tried to do the same from Aug. 1 online and it wouldn't work.  On the phone he had to call back more than once but finally got a reservation.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

marty55cdv

I reserved two rooms 31st thru the 6th king beds no issues over the phone.  @ 8:30 MST
Marty Smith
  CLC #22760
41 60 Special http://bit.ly/1Wm0GvT
55 CDV http://bit.ly/1G933IY
56 Fleetwood
1958 Extended Deck http://bit.ly/1NPYhGC
1959 Fleetwood  http://bit.ly/1OFsrOE
1960 Series 62 Coupe
1960 Sedan DeVille  4 window Flattop
63 Fleetwood http://bit.ly/1iSz17J
1964 Eldorado http://bit.ly/1Wm17GA  (Living in California now)
1988 EBC http://bit.ly/1iSACKz

Scot Minesinger

All,

Hi, Ronnie, Jack and I are the GN 2017 committee, and I found this hotel.  It should be worth the trouble.

There has not been such an immediate instantaneous demand like this often and the Hilton systems are a little overloaded.

Keep trying, I would write be patient, but cannot ask of you what cannot do myself.

Enjoy the week,

Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Scot Minesinger

Rumor is that hotel is 2/3rds sold out of the 400 rooms, or about 270 rooms are booked.  Act quickly.

Dan LeBlanc

You guys down there weren't lying when you said it was going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest GN to date.

I'm sure you've got this covered, but will there be trailer parking available?  I'd like to trailer 95% of the way there at least, but have an option to leave the truck and trailer somewhere if there isn't.  I'd rather be in the air conditioned truck in that part of the country in August than in a non a/c black car.
Dan LeBlanc

Scot Minesinger

There will be accommodations for trailers, otherwise it would really hurt our attendance of the more preserved and older cars.

I think Detroit in 2002 (the 100 year anniversary) enjoyed 1,200 attendees, and we are unlikely to top that.  We could be second to 2002 GN.

TJ Hopland

1200 total?   Or didn't that include friends and family and staff?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason