News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2017 GN Photos

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, August 06, 2017, 01:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Quote from: gkhashem on August 14, 2017, 07:51:54 AM
I would never venture a guess from various independent pictures. The picture posted had the two cars side by side in the same photo. An obvious shade difference can be seen in the photo. It would be impossible to tell by other photographs under different lighting. (sunlight or artificial light)

The only true test would be side by side and then what if all the cars had been repainted? Who is to say which is correct? Unless we found one with original paint to directly compare to.

Then going further I did work as a young student for my summer job in a tannery in the finish department. I got to watch the color match expert do his craft on leather. Even batch to batch of paint from GM in 1959 could have been a different shade!

Good point.  Under different lighting these colors change.    If those two cars were parked far apart would we even have noticed?   

Parked by itself at the restoration shop with only a color chart to go by it would be hard to judge if you were off a little.  Plus if base coat-clear coat technology is compared to Lacquer paint.    Too many variables.   

Both cars were very pretty regardless.

Tom Boehm

Dave Smith, Did Josh and Emma from Nova Scotia bring a Cadillac with them? They are in a lot of your pictures. They look like they are having a good time.

wrefakis

truth is no old gm factory color can be duplicated with modern paint they are all off to some degree metallic colors being the toughest

D.Smith

Quote from: Tom Boehm on August 14, 2017, 10:34:48 AM
Dave Smith, Did Josh and Emma from Nova Scotia bring a Cadillac with them? They are in a lot of your pictures. They look like they are having a good time.

Hi Tom! 
     Sadly no.   They have two 1960 Cadillac Series 62 six windows sedans.   Both in mint condition with about 47,000 miles on each of them.    But they didn't have a way to trailer a car down and it is a 22 hour drive for them each way from where they live in Nova Scotia.    I was going to bring my 1961 Six window Sedan deVille and have them ride with me.  But my car doesn't have A/C and the thought of the long drive on the highway from my house with all four windows open and us getting wind blasted for 7 hours didn't seem too pleasant in the 95* heat of August.    So we ended up going modern.    And yes, we all had a great time!   We were very impressed that the club had INTERNATIONAL and FIRST TIME ATTENDEE ribbons for their I.D. name tags. 

Here are pics of Josh and Emma's 60s below.  Their Persian Sand 60 get's a lot of use for special events.  The green 60 was parked in a garage since 1979 and was a Cadillac VIP car given to a Pennsylvania State Representative.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Now I remember who Josh was (or is) - the owner of two exceptional original 1960 Cadillac Series 62 Sedans: The Inverness Green one loaded with more equipment so as to be the envy of most Eldorados and 60 Specials; the Persian Sand car with very little equipment.

A shame we did not get a chance to meet. Your group must've been wearing invisible paint Dave!
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on August 14, 2017, 04:01:08 PM

A shame we did not get a chance to meet. Your group must've been wearing invisible paint Dave!

LOL.   Being their first time they were ping ponging back and forth running from car to car.  So it's tough to spot a moving target I guess! 

We didn't arrive until Thursday afternoon but we did get to see early cars at the hotel.   We also did the 9am bus tour to DC on Friday.  We spent most of Friday afternoon looking at the cars too.  Josh also attended the 59-60 Chapters meeting that night.   Saturday of course being show day we were at the hotel all day drooling over more cars.  We did get to talk to even more people on Saturday and even got to ride around in Michael Cascios 1962 Cadillac Coupe deVille with the A/C on!   

Sorry we missed you too Eric.   I had pointed out your 59 to the kids.  I had mentioned that I had met you up at the Lake George GN when you had the 77 CDV there.

smatarese

Quote from: D.Smith on August 08, 2017, 04:41:08 PM
Thanks for starting this photo thread Eric!      Here is a link to my photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/albums/72157684724935354

Thanks for posting the pictures, I appreciate the shots of my 60 Brougham!
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
1960 Eldorado Brougham

D.Smith

Quote from: smatarese on August 15, 2017, 07:21:16 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures, I appreciate the shots of my 60 Brougham!

Hi Stephen!      Thank you for bringing it and being so kind to show us around the car.  Josh got a nice video of you demonstrating the rear window retracting when the door opens.

1960 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham by Dave S, on Flickr

The Tassie Devil(le)

Now, that is class.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe