News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 fuel pump pushrod removal

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, October 03, 2017, 11:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Yep, it's me again.
I am running an electric fuel pump which I know is a topic of debate-but it is done. I want to run the fuel thru the old mechanical's housing. I have the fuel pump off and it's guts removed (which wasn't hard because the pin fell out and everything went flying).
I see the pushrod in the filler neck. I don't know if it is held in place by tension or not so I probably should remove it.
How long is it? I am wondering if I can just pull it up out of the slot or if I have to remove the filler neck. I am being cautious because I don't know if it is attached at the bottom.... I don't want to lift it out of its seat and have it slip and fall into the front cover. That happened to me once with a valve pushrod on another car and I don't want to have to go thru that again.
Don't worry--hopefully it will be running soon and I can stop with all these questions.
Thanks guys
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Roger Zimmermann

That rod is long enough; you will have to remove the filler neck to remove it. No problem, ne spring, nothing: it's just a rod resting on the camshaft and pushed down by the pump's arm.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101