News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 Eldorado Biarritz Bumper Fillers

Started by P Weston, October 04, 2017, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P Weston

I recently picked up a low mileage, 9108, 1978 Biarritz special edition and I am in need of all of the bumper  fillers. There are many advertised but I was looking for some insight on which have been the best in quality. Thanks. I picked it and a nice clean orange convertible as well from the same estate. The convertible has less than 45,000 miles on.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As has been mentioned (many times) on the Forum, there are generally only two ways to go. Fiberglass (no) and the other ones. (Yes)
It is an urban legend that one firm makes the parts and lots of others sell them. All of them usually have to be re-worked in some manner. If you take it to your local body shop, you will make an enemy for life. Mine said, "Don't ever bring me anything like this again..." And he was a good friend.

Maaco has a "set" price for installing and painting these, so if you have a good one in your area, this may be the way to go. I believe there is one firm that has a guarantee that if you mess a part up, they will replace it. So, you pays your money and makes your choice. Plan to spend about a thousand dollars by the time you get through. Someone else will probably chime in with a personal preference. I'm "done" on both my cars, so I haven't checked on them recently as far as who has what. Best of luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

e.mason

Eric Mason