News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My New 52 fleetwood, door switch issues, window switch

Started by papas52cad, November 26, 2017, 08:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papas52cad

Hello fellow Cadillac lovers
I am new to this forum and a proud new owner of a restomod, 1952 fleetwood from CA. It now happily resides here in the NY Catskill mountain region. This car is just great, as I compare it to My 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 HT, that I restored and have enjoyed since 2010.
But my new " love" need some minor help with a few issues I have discovered.
I have searched this site for help but have not found an answer so I am hopeful some of the many experts here can help me in my quest.
FYI, this car was upgraded to 12v, (has a new 6v harness from resto) and includes a 1959 390 motor and 59 Jetaway trains.
#1- all door switches Are disconnected, and there is no voltage on the wire spades that are easily accessible . FYI, The front  map lights do work using the driverside map light switch. My understanding is the map lights go on via switch and should also come on when front doors r opened.
For the rear door switches, If I understand correctly these turn on pillar and overhead lights when door is open. FYI the pillar and the overhead light work via both pillar switches.
What is the correct wire connection from front doors, i.e. Where is wire terminated to get power?
Same for rear, do the door switch wires connect to the pillar switch? I have not removed pillar switch for fear of the unknown behind the switch...is this a simple wire connection? Given this car is new to me I am proceeding very cautiously.
My other question is the about a power window switch. FYI all windows work using the driver side master window control. The rear passenger side window switch however does not work window. Can this switch be removed/serviced without removing the  door panel. If so how do I remove the chrome bezel?
I will look forward to any help, ideas and suggestions that can be offered to help me resolve any of above.
I am sure I will have more questions to pose to this group and I look forward to becoming a long time member, and maybe eventually a contributor!!
Enjoy your weekend
Peter T.
Saugerties, NY.
1952 Fleetwood