News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Broughams

Started by SK903, November 26, 2017, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK903

Ebay currently has 2 58 Broughams for sale.  Both prices reasonably. Shame to see them in a sad state. :( 
2012 BMW 535I
1961 Eldorado Biarritz

SK903

The ones up for sale are numbers 423 and 578 which are not listed in the database. Does anyone know how to contact them to let them know?
2012 BMW 535I
1961 Eldorado Biarritz

carguyblack

Go to the eBay listing and then to the right box with the seller info hit "Contact Seller".
I'm sure they would appreciate it.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Who's working the Brougham data base?

I think we all come across from time to time, Eldorado Broughams that aren't on the list.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

carguyblack

I took this quote off the Brougham database site but I personally know nothing about the site nor Yann:
"The bulk of the contents of The Cadillac Database are copyright© 1996-2012, Yann Saunders and The Museum & Research Center of the Cadillac & La Salle Club, Inc[/color]."
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

David King (kz78hy)

Here is the link (from the CLC home page) to the "new" Cadillac data base.
J.C Franchitti took over running the page and does the updates.

https://www.newcadillacdatabase.org/survivors-registry/eldorado-broughams/

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Roger Zimmermann

When I bought mine (#230), it was in a much better condition than those two. I cannot imagine the amount of money to get them restored. Mine can be had, for "only" $ 140'000...ready to drive and show.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

SK903

Thanks guys for your responses
2012 BMW 535I
1961 Eldorado Biarritz

BJM

What's a number 2 driver Brougham go for these days?  $40,000?

Roger Zimmermann

Have a look at that:
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A "driver" is usually closer to a 3- / 4+ which is a driveable vehicle showing obvious wear. Condition 2 is in a different league entirely.

Here's what $35K bought in a '58 ELB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/322836595134?vxp=mtr

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

I would say the market has rebounded then.  I get the rarity and cool factor of this model but there has to be a limit to it's sale price as a collector car.  As a car that might appreciate, that puts it in the investment category. 

To me there is a difference.  I don't know enough to tell whether these are considered investments where museums and wealthy folks buy it to partially enjoy the ownership experience but also to sit on them and sell them at a certain rate of return in a few years. 

As a collector car only vying for retirees 401k and nest egg money at a reputable auction, then they would be competing against nicely sorted convertibles from all makes in this era, and those have topped out now at $100,000 or less for everything not called 53 Eldorado, Skylark, Fiesta or Caribbean.  I saw a nice Packard Caribbean for $65,000 the other day.

I would say then this car loses out to a 50's high end convertible in those cases, but it's just my opinion. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Cars are generally poor investments mainly because of the high associated costs of ownership and anyone buying a collector car(s) purely for investment purposes is doing it for the wrong reason.

As always, the market is strongest for finest & best original unrestored cars due to the extreme rarity of examples in that condition. On the other hand, certain models, even in very poor condition, have appreciated dramatically as well.

There really are no hard rules about what constitutes an "investment" car, "pleasure" car, etc.; to try to make these distinctions is kind of pointless.

I also see don't know how anyone can affirmatively say when/if anything officially "tops out" as there are exceptions all over the place. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute