Author Topic: 1952 coupe de ville rear window hydraulic cylinder excessability  (Read 106 times)

Offline Pancho R

• Name: Pancho Roeleveld
1952 coupe de ville rear window hydraulic cylinder excessability
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:31:32 AM »
Hi there, just bought a 1952 Coupe deVille from US and imported to Australia. When I got it home I noticed that there was oil leaking under the rear passenger driver's side window. Don't have any shop manuals as yet, but want to know how to remove the hydraulic cylinder as it is leaking from the seal. I just don't seam to get to the cylinder. There is no way to get to it from the excess hole from the inside. Has any one traveled this road before and has any suggestions that will be great. The dealer said the lift system was new. :(

Offline Jérôme506237DX

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #30196
  • Name: Jérôme Boddaert
Re: 1952 coupe de ville rear window hydraulic cylinder excessability
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:42:48 AM »
I'm guessing that a '52 is not much different than a '50. The only way to reach the cylinder is by removing the window and the lifting mechanism. Try to determine if the leaking oil is brake fluid or ATF! If it's brake fluid, it will strip your paint!

I think this is a good read when working on the Hydro Lectric system of your car.

http://www.antiqueolds.org/PDF/hydro-electric.pdf

Good luck!

Jérôme

Offline Pancho R

• Name: Pancho Roeleveld
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:30:08 AM »
Hi Jerome, I really appreciate your reply. Had another good look today and sort of came to the same conclusion. Thank you also for the link. And it is brake fluid in the system.

Another question. What is the little slide switch for on the passenger driver's panel next to the window control button.

Offline Jérôme506237DX

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #30196
  • Name: Jérôme Boddaert
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 04:59:11 AM »
That would be the interior light switch, at least that's the case on my '50 Coupe...

Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!