News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Biarritz electrical question

Started by Whit, November 28, 2017, 03:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

For the electronic gurus out there. I have attached a photo of the Instrument module/Flasher plugin base. The two vertical connector plugins are for the two plugs coming off the Instrument module (I believe). My question is:  what is the horizontal plug receptacle below these two for? I don't have anything to plug into it (that I can find). The only accessory that my car did not come with is Cruise Control.

Also, I have a split violet wire (two connectors) that looks like it goes to a harness in the steering column. I think it is for the horns, but the wiring chart shows a black wire going to the horn 'ring' (actually bars in a Biarritz). I can test tomorrow by grounding the wires to see if the horn honks. Any advice here?

Again, thanks so much for the help I receive here...hopefully someday I can help others.

Whit