News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Bicentennial Eldorado convertible, $69.9k in MO

Started by 67_Eldo, July 04, 2018, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

Not mine.

5433 miles. A museum is cashing in on that "last convertible" promise? :-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372351960362

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

The 199 meant a special Bicentennial edition?  Because I think I have seen well over 200 76 Eldorado convertibles for sale, personally.

The final 200 Eldorado Convertibles off the line were individually numbered "Bicentennial" Editions but the final '76 ELC Bicentennial was retained by GM as part of its Heritage collection so 199 were released to the general public.

All Bicentennial editions had identical color schemes.  Red/blue combination pinstriping and wheelcovers with white centers were specific to the Bicentennial only.

Total 1976 Eldorado Convertible production for 1976 was an even 14,000 cars. 

BJM

Thanks Eric.  Very neat, but for me, not worth the premium.  I would rather have a "normal" 76 Eldorado convertible.  I would think $70K is "all the money" for this car.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

I think it is a bit odd that this "museum piece" needed a new radiator (Aluminum) , over spray on the heater box, painted exhaust manifolds, new rocker arm cover gaskets, and conversion to R-134a.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

For my money, anything $70K had better have real fins - and big ones at that - if you know what I mean.  ;)

collector

Personally,  anyone that woukd pay that kind of money for that car, has more money than common sense!!!