News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1991 Seville (Mostly) cleaned up

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, November 29, 2017, 03:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Since the weather has been so nice the last couple of days, I've been cleaning the Seville up a little. I have the engine compartment just about (except for the battery) just like it was when the car was new. My mechanic went over the car carefully and decided that no hoses needed to be replaced. He changed the plugs and the oil and it starts and runs quite nicely.

The red body paint under the hood doesn't have clear-coat on it so it's not as shiny as the body. I wonder why the spring to keep the hood in tension rusts so quickly. I did find something "weird." Although the trunk is still original (VIN matches) the engine badge is for a 4.5 instead of the correct 4.9. SN is 800230 so I assume it was the 230th one to be produced. Far enough along that there shouldn't have been a 4.5 badge still lying around the assembly line in a barrel of parts. There are plenty on eBay so I'll change it one of these days.

I've taken a few pictures. I hope they are clear enough. (I haven't used my Canon SLR much since my little A540 takes such good pictures.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jeff Hansen

Barry, it looks WONDERFUL!  I'm really happy for you!  But, you know, now you need a bigger garage.  That car is much too nice to sit outside all winter.

;D

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan