News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"Dealership Outlet Code" question please.

Started by Jeepers Creepers, November 29, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

On the build sheet for our 1964 Fleetwood, it lists 765019 as the outlet code. I assume that is the dealer.

Can anyone tell me the dealers name or where I could look to find it. I've googled the crap out of it this morning and found nothing.
I did ask the Heritage Center via email, but haven't heard back yet.

Thought I might throw it out there. 

Originally, I thought the car was sold new in Hanford California, but then later on, it appeared it was purchased in Los Angeles and was then taken home to Hanford Ca.

Cheers, Kev
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

Chuck Swanson

No public master list.  A few have tried to compile some of the codes.   I don't know that one.  Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Jeepers Creepers

No... no....no Chuck, you are supposed to say.. sure, i can help you with that.
Now, go sit in the naughty corner for 10 minutes and come back and try again.....please.  ;)
Australia

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

The first two digits "76" indicates central California district.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on November 30, 2017, 07:41:05 AM
The first two digits "76" indicates central California district.

Earlier this year, Tom Hall was able to tell me the Cadillac dealer in Hanford Ca. was the Hanford Motor Center in 1965 (We were built in 64)
Hanford is located in the San Joaquin Valley and the interesting thing is, way back last year when the car was still on the ship, I asked if anyone recognized the car from some photos I had.

A member on here, said the number plates on the car were issued in the San Joaquin Valley region.

The broker we dealt with on the sale believed it sold in L.A., but maybe not, its looking like maybe it did sell in Hanford after all.

I welcome any input that may shed some light on this.

Australia

Jeepers Creepers

I just now, got the following response from the Heritage center....

"Thanks again for your interest in the GM media Archive. Unfortunately, the Archive does not have decoding information available for Cadillac outlet codes. Therefore, we are unable to determine the name of the dealership your 1964 Cadillac was shipped to from the manufacturer."

So, I really do need any help I can get from on here.

Cheers, Kev
Australia

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I would suggest beginning a new thread with the Outlet Code stated in the title banner. That's your best shot.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jeepers Creepers

I've cheated Eric, and changed the original heading.
Australia

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 30, 2017, 02:24:34 PM
I've cheated Eric, and changed the original heading.

Hasn't changed on this end...I don't think that will work.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

35-709

Member Tom Hall may be able to help.  Look up his contact information in the club directory, he is in California.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Jeepers Creepers

I have spoken to Tom before, but he hasn't been on here for a while when I checked his profile last week.
Australia

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Jeepers Creepers

Done and dusted and I have the info I was after...... Mr Tom Hall is on it.  8)
Australia

tripwire

Driving now:
2013 CTS4 Performance Coupe
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan

Jeepers Creepers

The following, was information Tom Hall supplied for me.

Quote: ""For 1964 model year, 765019 represents Visalia Motor Sales, 212-214 East Acequia Street, Visalia, California. 
The business name and address are from a 1964 telephone directory.

The outlet code itself is the result of the late Matt Larson's work for GM Heritage Center.  GM's contractor, Allied-Vaughn,
may not have remembered to check Matt's notes when you inquired.  They have that outlet number and its connection to
Visalia, but probably not the street address.  Matt found the number in a MY1963 document relating to a special request
order that named the city, if not also the dealer.  Visalia is relatively close to Hanford, more or less due east of Hanford."" Unquote.

In actual fact, its only 33.1 miles from the Dealership to the owners address back in 1964 and this final bit of information, means I have the complete history of our car from day #1 to the present time.

I had been told at one point, the car was sold new in L.A., but that would be a long way to go to order and pick up a car.

I also found this interesting....the car that followed ours off the assembly line was a sister car in many ways.
Our car:  64 M 106761...64 Fleetwood Sixty Special, Aspen white, turquoise interior.
Next car: 64 M 106762...64 Fleetwood Sixty Special, Aspen white, light blue interior.

Would've looked very cool seeing two white Fleetwood's end to end coming off the line.

Australia