News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Let me introduce myself ...

Started by PatiCadi, December 06, 2017, 07:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTL

Hey Walt,
I'd love to see pics of your towing setup sometime. Is it stock?  I've been wanting to try towing my 74 Streamline with a Fleetwood, but its a larger trailer and I want to make sure the towing receiver is adequate for the anti-sway system. 

PatiCadi

Walt , what a nice combination !!!
Love the color of your cdv .
Do you have a condenser grille in front of your radiator ?
Becouse I do not have this part .what do you need to refill with r134 or other  ?

walt chomosh #23510

W.Love,
  I welded a beautiful HD hitch that bolts in. (will send pics if desired)The towing system is an Anderson which is a fairly newer type system but any towing system with torsion bars can be used. (Anderson uses chains) Fact is the "Bubble" is only 16 foot and weighs  1750lbs so it tows great without anything. Sway is an ugly word and bigger trailers definitely need a pro setup to ensure safety. I like vintage trailers of any type but Airstream is definitely the Cadillac!....walt...tulsa,ok

walt chomosh #23510

PatiCadi,
  All A/C systems have a condenser. There are plenty of generic condensers available. (NAPA has tons in their catalog) You would need to purchase one,replace the receiver/dryer (after flushing the system thoroughly) and checking the system for leaks.(personally, I use both vacuum and then nitrogen pressure to ensure the system is "tight") The type oil is different then R12, but there are oils available that can be used on either system. Then there are the hoses. (now that I think about it the 55 Cadillac doesn't have any "rubber" hoses) Fact is, I would suggest you find someone who is into auto A/C and follow his/her advice. I've been playing with auto A/C for years and still don't claim to be an expert by any means. Greg Surfas in the real pro with the CLC club. He's in Texas. Contact me in the future should I be of ANY assistance.....walt....tulsa,ok

cadillacmike68

Welcome Patrick, Nice looking car!

Quote from: 76eldo on December 07, 2017, 06:18:45 PM
Welcome to the CLC Message Board.
Nice car!
You will have a really hard time getting R-12 in France and it will probably leak out of the system unless you rebuild everything.
I am not sure if you can adapt a modern compressor to that system and use 134-a but you may be able to install a system from Vintage Air or a company that offers generic systems for custom applications.
Good luck,
Brian

Even R134a is on the EU's hate list now. I wouldn't even bother with R-12.

Find a new condenser and receiver dryer (the cylinder shaped item to the left of the condenser) and a moden POA / Suction Throttling valve assembly (the contraption up in the back on the passenger side near the blower motor), probably a new compressor, and new pressure and return lines. If your evaporator doesn't leak that's all you would need.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike