News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Gonna go for a drive in my '70 today

Started by chrisntam, December 02, 2017, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Highs in the mid '70s, perfect top down weather.  Gonna go for a drive.

Just letting you know.

The forum has been quiet lately, trying to stir up a little business.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

James Landi

Ok --- I'll take the bait---  my XLR was put to bed over a month ago... woke to 29 degrees today.... we're in Camden, Maine.   

chrisntam

Cold front expected on Tuesday though, lows in the mid 30s, highs in the 50s.  Burr!

Vacationed in Maine in '14, Boothbay Harbor, Bar Harbor & visited Cadillac Mountain.

Lobster rolls.   ;)

I've attached a few pertinent pics of the Maine trip along with a pic of my ride.

What year is the Cadillac pictured to the left of the '70?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

James Landi

Great pictures of iconic places in Down East Maine....a great place to Cadillac cruise, in summer that is  (aka August--- Maine has only two seasons, Winter and August)   Happy day,   James

jdemerson

Quote from: chrisntam on December 03, 2017, 07:55:42 AM
I've attached a few pertinent pics of the Maine trip along with a pic of my ride.

What year is the Cadillac pictured to the left of the '70?

I'd say 1957.

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I drove mine all 7 days of Thanksgiving week. I don't like to drive it to work much during the week because I hit stop and go traffic and I have a couple of bad merges. However light traffic that week made it easier.
Only had to stop at the gas station twice!
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

I hope to have my 1968 DVC back in a day or two.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

jagbuxx #12944

Had my ‘70 out a couple of days of days ago.
Temps in the 80’s
This week winds
Ughh
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

chrisntam

That's a nice looking unit.   8)

How often do you put the boot cover over the top?  On mine, the trim is really tight to the body and it's a PITA to get the plastic inserted under it.  Also, where the snaps are, that area is "deformed" and difficult to get all the snaps connected. 

I leave mine off unless it's a REALLY special occasion.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

jagbuxx #12944

Chrisntam , thanks for the comments. I always fit the boot when top is down. Just doesn’t look right without. It is tight to fit but all the snaps line up and it fits under the trim.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

nysdarkblue

Hi, I live on Long Island. 12 months of the year every Sunday, on the south shore is a cruise location. During the summer months it is at a parking lot left over from a bar called Oak Beach Inn. During the winter months it is at the Cap tree Boat Basin parking lot. As long as it is not raining or snowing and there are no car shows , you will see my 90 Brougham there. I DO NOT like the idea of my car sitting in the garage during the winter. There are literally hundreds of cars every Sunday all makes at this cruise.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

chrisntam

Quote from: nysdarkblue on December 06, 2017, 08:15:39 PM
Hi, I live on Long Island. 12 months of the year every Sunday, on the south shore is a cruise location. During the summer months it is at a parking lot left over from a bar called Oak Beach Inn. During the winter months it is at the Cap tree Boat Basin parking lot. As long as it is not raining or snowing and there are no car shows , you will see my 90 Brougham there. I DO NOT like the idea of my car sitting in the garage during the winter. There are literally hundreds of cars every Sunday all makes at this cruise.

Next time you go, snap some pics and post them!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

nysdarkblue

I would be glad to, as long as it is nice this a Sunday. Its suppose to snow
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

nysdarkblue

I would be glad to, as long as it is nice this Sunday. It is suppose to snow here Saturday, 3-5" 's.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX