News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac for sale at auction

Started by ebeach@hotmail.com, December 07, 2017, 03:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebeach@hotmail.com

I will sell at auction this Sat Dec 9 in Monroe Wi a 1957 Cadillac  model 62 v8 4 door 25113 miles.  For more info go to wwwbeachsauctionservice.com or call 608-558-8922      Auctoneer, Paul Beach

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The link doesn't work. Please post some pics & mileage documentation on this board. Someone might be interested.
Thanks.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

STS05lg

Bob,

Found the the pictures see the link below, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Looks like a barn find, engine fan and engine rusty, wonder if it is frozen up. Looks like it has been siting a long long time. However, pretty solid looking car.

Also, lots of interesting equipment for sale appears to be a NAPA dealer/shop.

https://beachsauctionservice.com/future-auctions/

savemy67

All,

This link worked for me:

https://beachsauctionservice.com/future-auctions/

A few pictures of the '57 toward the end of all the photos.  If I was in Wisconsin, I would probably make a bid.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
Thanks for posting. I am, of course, NOT interested in that car. I'm always interested is what a low mileage car looks like. I think this one needs a one added. Bad pictures but a great shot of the radio. LOL!
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

ebeach@hotmail.com

The '57 has sat for at least 25 years.   It was the owner's aunt's car, so the low mileage.  The car was driven to where it was parked.
The motor is free.  I'll see if it is running yet.      Paul Beach

59-in-pieces

Paul,
I really couldn't tell if everything in the shop was for sale or just the car.
However, if the shop items are for sale - is it out of an estate of the fellow who had the shop.

Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I had a momentary twinge that it appeared the fellow who owned the shop left for the night and never returned - so the shop was a time capsule.

I have a particular appreciation for folks who work on their cars for themselves and the cars of others.
Impressive to see the evolution of equipment required to fix various things on cars - and the lack of electronic gear - so focused on a more classic era of automotive repair.
Sad to see another resource fall away.

Sorry for the melancholy rant.
I look around in my own garage and think, but for the grace of God , go I.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

ebeach@hotmail.com

Steve,
The entire contents of the shop will sell.   The owner is mid to late 70's.  He has had other mechanics work there, but hasn't himself in quite a few years.  He says he isn't going to try to get the Caddy running; He thinks the 25 year old gas would be more of an issue than he wants to tackle.  He put a battery in it and the motor spins freely.
   Paul beach

gary griffin

Paul,  I am sure we would appreciate the final sale price of this car for our general information. Hard to tell from the pictures. I purchased a fairly low mileage 1942 Cadillac and it had been a rodent habitat for many years, and I knew that up front.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

ebeach@hotmail.com

The 57 Cadillac did not sell.  We received a top bid of $3500. The seller had a reserve at $5000.  So it is still available.  If anyone has any interest in the car, give me a call at 608-558-8922.     Paul Beach 

Bobby B

Quote from: ebeach@hotmail.com on December 10, 2017, 07:28:29 AM
      The 57 Cadillac did not sell.  We received a top bid of $3500. The seller had a reserve at $5000.  So it is still available.  If anyone has any interest in the car, give me a call at 608-558-8922.     Paul Beach 
It is was a buyer with cash, they should have taken it. It's a 4-dr series 62 in need of A LOT of work. There's nothing special about this car other than the fact that you can buy one in decent condition for way less than you're going to put into it. All the items in the pictures are also outdated. Nobody's really looking for antique shop equipment these days.  Good Luck with your sale!  ;)
                                                                                                                                  Bobby

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I looked at the pictures again, and I wonder what the results would have been if the car had been washed and polished? And that carpet taken out and at least vacuumed.  Mechanical stuff you can always fix fairly easily. And who knows what might have happened with draining the bad gas, changing the oil, points and plugs, then hooking up to a new battery might do?  That dash pad looked as if it might still be OK, too. So it's "only" a common four door. If the miles are correct, Cadillac sold lots of these cars when they were new. The odds are pretty good that it'll start up and run nicely. 

Paul, go to Auto Zone (Or one of the shelves in the shop) and get some modern polish/conditioner and contact your local Boy Scout Troop. Tell them "just how to do it." and after you make a $50 donation to their troop, see what miracle they can perform on the car, and try the auction again. Or, contact your bidder and see if he'll drop another $500 in the kitty and sell him the car. (Tell the owner the realities of trying to sell a car that isn't running and well, you know...)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

BJM

I both agree that a $3500 bid is the correct market price AND that whoever buys it may be able to do some serious clean up and have a nice driver Cadillac.

Remember there was a 1950 2 door hardtop in Connecticut about 6 weeks ago that Wayne Carini helped broker a new owner and it sold for ?? $10,000.  Similar situation, similar patina. 

The seller has done absolutely nothing with this car for 25 years and received it for free more than likely. Why in the world would you not come to some post non sale agreement over a $1500 difference.  Especially if it had multiple bids from those in attendance.  That tells me it was a well thought out bid and bids.

But I agree with Barry - this car will look better than it does now.  What if you clean that interior up and it's an honest 25K interior! wow, saves you a ton of money right there. 

Body is good and bad. I see some nice patina, some nice paint and then what looks like small dents on one of the passenger side doors?   But overall, the seller and the buyer should have come up with a price and provided the auctioneer with his cut.  It's not a million dollar car.

gary griffin

My 1942 sat in a Quonset hut in the desert for an extended period of time (Approximately  40 years) and the body was sound, but the wiring was all chewed up and  the car served as a toilet for numerous desert creatures.  During restoration my granddaughter said "I will never ride in that car Papa".   So many variables involved in cars that sat long periods of time. My guess is the car would be worth 15K to 20K and could need from 5K to 30 K  to get it back in shape.  A good detailing and a lot of pictures of the car especially the hidden areas would probably help get a fair price for it and would be money well spent! 
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Yes, but don't forget............
On tv, people pay that much. The seller/his family think they have a real treasure there.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Jon S

I also agree the car has at least 125,000; maybe 225,000 miles - not 25,000 miles.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT